Monday, September 3, 2012

bargain luxury: dunlopillo therapillo

We passed by HMR , a surplus depot store in Pioneer St, Mandaluyong, last Sunday hoping to get some good finds. A lonely item quickly caught my attention. It was a Dunlopillo Therapillo memory foam pillow. I'm not familiar with this particular item but I know Dunlopillos command a premium for luxurious naps. 

I glanced upon the price tag. My instincts tell me it's a steal for PHP990 or 23.50 USD. 

It's looks new and undamaged in it's original packaging. I hadn't let go of it inside the store knowing it's the only remaining item. 





Once home, I started my research on this mysterious pillow. It received mixed reviews mainly about the chemical smell although there were suggested fixes for it. It's is being sold in online stores based in Australia for AUS$ 100, that's PHP4300++. 

I got a premium pillow at 25% of the original retail price. Not bad! I've already had the covers cleaned up and can't wait to catch some luxurious Zzzzz's on this thing.

photos taken from Dunlopillo resellers website

No comments:

Post a Comment