Tuesday, September 11, 2012

1st year of fatherhood
















I was looking at my baby's pictures and can't help but get awed by the experiences behind the photos. I could still remember the stress and the sleepless nights my wife and I had to contend with. There's the underlying fear of SIDS and other bugs that the baby could get. There were the challenges of colic and thoughts of homeopathic solutions. I never knew of taking care of kids as much until I finally had my own. I learned immediately how to cradle, changes nappies, give baby baths. Our lives were instantly changed! And yet through all adjustments and hardships, nothing, as cliche as it sounds, nothing can ever replace the joy you find in the laughter of your child. I'm starting to understand why 1st year birthdays are special. It's not really for the baby to have fun, it's a celebration for the parents that we made it - We survived the first year!

Again, I'll never tire of saying this - Thank you God for being a Father to us and loving us the same no matter how difficult as children we become.




No comments:

Post a Comment