Friday, September 5, 2008

Awake in Atlanta: Looking Back, Looking Forward

It’s Day 139, today is special as it marks the time that we only have 1 month left before I can finally go home!

Aside from the regular work we’ve been doing, we kept ourselves busy during the weekends.

A few things come to mind:

•    Being able to see Washington DC and reconnect with my relatives living there.
•    Celebrating the 4th of July with our American friends.
•    Meeting new friends and brethren of the faith
•    Watching a live Major League Baseball game of the Atlanta Braves.
•    Being blessed by Steven Curtis Chapman’s comeback concert coming from the recent family tragedy
•    Hearing the powerful preaching of Pastor Brian starring a live lion and a bear in the main sanctuary
•    Riding the extreme rides of 6 Flags Over Georgia and Whitewater
•    Fulfilling a childhood dream of being able to visit Disneyland
•    Trying out Cold Stone Ice Cream
•    Gaining weight
•    Shopping?!

Prior to this, I have been focused on wanting to go home. I was homesick. I felt miserable at times.

Looking back at this list made me realize how I almost failed to recognize the tremendous blessings I have been receiving for the past months. This has been a journey towards growth and independence. Personal desires were being granted. Prayers are being answered. Jeremiah 29:11 comes to mind.

Feeling down and out? Count your blessings! And I am indeed blessed. I’m excited as to what the Lord has in store for the coming days.

30 more days, I can’t wait to be home again. God is good.




20 comments:

  1. Shopping!!!oh yeah! you're such a blessing to me! hehehe...joke! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i told you before that patience is a virtue. wishes are now being realized. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. christian wag mko kalimutan sa shopping list mo ha!! mishu!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, let me just re-iterate what I was saying waaaaaaaay back...

    I TOLD YOU TO ENJOY YOURSELF AND SAVOR THE MOMENT!!! HMPFT!!! Sa huli talaga ang pagsisisi... TSE!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are indeed blessed my brother...sana i-bless mo din kami ng pasalubong pagdating mo. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time flies so fast. I'm sure you can't wait to get home. Welcome back in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Christian! Be sure to call us before leaving! Call us at home at 559-274-9430. Tita Mers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you enjoy your stay in the States...though there is really no place like home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isang 18-200mm naman na pasalubong jan!

    :)

    [21]

    ReplyDelete
  10. ---Uuuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyy......------- <(o__0)>

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've packed more things in 139 days than most 80 million pinoys did...Isn't that blessing enough?...indeed, indeed.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miami could have added Latin flavor to your experiences. Well, it's not yet too late ...

    ReplyDelete