Thursday, July 10, 2008

Geotag Powered!

Geotagging, is the process of adding geographical identification metadata to various media such as websites, RSS feeds, or images and is a form of geospatial metadata. This data usually consists of latitude and longitude coordinates, though it can also include altitude, bearing, and place names.

-wikipedia


Ever wondered where in the world you took your favorite photo of a deserted island or beach in one of your travels? Ever wished you could see that secret lagoon you just visited on google earth?

Thanks to the Nokia LD-3W, my photos are now geotagged!



my current office as seen on google earth




photo of my office taken from my camphone





...so, where have you been today?





9 comments:

  1. oh... i don't think i want an "eye in the sky" to check on me. hehehe... this awesome. i hope i could "geotag" but that would mean replacing my cellphone. not my priority yet. but hey, thanks for this, tech guy! ganda ng office niyo. blessings to you and to your "loved one." cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang lalim naman... geotagged... hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. magkano bili mo at for nokia CPs lang ba yan pede? kelangan ko din nyan =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe! actually i just wanted to know the exact location where i took my photos. im using my phone as an automated logger and will use the logs to sync with my digital photos. this way, i dont have to bring a pen and a paper to note where i took my photos.

    from my "research", i only needed a java enabled camera with a bluetooth receiver + a gps receiver + logging software + sync software and voila! geotagging bliss :)

    sorry if i sounded techy, but i did it out of "necessity" - and it was fun trying to figure things out. hehe! this will help me a lot in my travel and photo exploits.

    thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pwede sya for all cellphones with bluetooth enabled... i think...

    ReplyDelete
  6. after a ton of google searching and trial and errors, i saw this website:

    http://simon.zambrovski.org/2008/01/gps-tracking-for-geo-tagging/

    geek coolness!

    ReplyDelete